Michael Morton’s Website
More on Michael’s Story
- 60 Minutes Story on Michael Morton
- Katie Couric Story on Michael Morton
- NPR Story on Michael Morton
- The Innocence Project case summary
- Brandi Grissom’s / Texas Tribune’s coverage of the Morton story.
- Texas Tribune timeline of events
- “The Innocent Man” Part 1, by Pam Colloff of Texas Monthly
- “The Innocent Man” Part 2
- “Until Proven Innocent”, by Andrew McLemore of the Williamson County Sun
More on Wrongful Convictions
- 143 people have been exonerated from death row. Click here for information about the death penalty state-by-state and across the country.
- Timothy Cole died in prison before he was exonerated; the Timothy Cole Advisory Panel on Wrongful Convictions paved the path for several significant reforms passed by the Texas Legislature in 2013, with the help of Michael Morton and many others. The Timothy Cole Act increased the compensation paid by the state to exonerees in Texas.
- “Convicting the Innocent” by Brandon Garrett
- Anthony Graves (article by Pam Colloff for Texas Monthly)
- Todd Cameron Willingham (documentary film INCENDIARY: THE WILLINGHAM CASE)
- The West Memphis Three
- Carlos DeLuna (Columbia Human Rights Law Review study)
- The Central Park Five (documentary film by Ken Burns)
- Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four (forthcoming documentary film)